Accountability and Performance Improvement Framework
The Accountability and Performance Improvement Framework (APIF) is an initiative to improve employment, education and training outcomes in the Northern Territory. It provides a system of accountability for the whole department including schools, and allows us to monitor and improve the quality of services we provide. The APIF provides the foundation for:
- A system of accountability for the whole of the department
- Setting clear expectations and standards and requiring performance to be demonstrated against these standards
- Promoting a culture of evidence based decision making and continuous improvement
- Providing a system to manage underperformance
- Streamlined processes to focus on priority areas that will make a difference.
Implementation of the APIF will enable monitoring and measuring of progress to ensure DET achieves its purpose as outlined in the DET Strategic Plan 2009-2012.