- Care and Protection of Children Act
- Disability Discrimination Act
- Education Act
- Education (Board of Studies) Regulations
- Education (College and School Councils) Regulations
- Higher Education Act and Higher Education Regulations
- Teacher Registration (Northern Territory) Act
As of 1 July 2011 the regulatory role for RTOs and owners of accredited VET courses transitioned to the national VET Regulator, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). ASQA was established through the enactment of three pieces of legislation passed on 24 March 2011. The national regulator now has jurisdiction in relation to regulation of RTOs and accrediting courses.
This body came into being via the following legislation:
- National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011
- National Vocational Education and Training (Consequential Amendments) Act 2011
- National Vocational Education and Training Regulator (Transitional Provisions) Act 2011
The regulatory role of the NT Government under the Northern Territory Employment and Training Act Part 4, Sections 28 to 41 and 42 (2) no longer applies.