- Events and awards
- Smart Schools Awards
- Battle of the School Bands
- World Teachers’ Day
- NTBOS awards
- National Literacy and Numeracy Week
- Chief Minister's Literacy Achievement Awards
- Exit Art
- DET Career Adviser Seminar
- Teaching in the Territory Excellence Awards
- Youth Business Awards
- Careers Expo
- NT Training Awards
- Try'a Trade
The Northern Territory Board of Studies (NTBOS) holds student awards presentation ceremonies each year in Alice Springs and Darwin to publicly recognise the achievements of outstanding students.
The ceremony recognises academic and vocational excellence in school leavers. It formally recognises the top 20 students receiving the Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (NTCET); students who received merit awards for Stage 2 Board accredited subjects; students who have been awarded the Australian Students prize; and our top students in industry-sponsored awards for particular subjects.
The events are held in the first two weeks of February.
These ceremonies pay tribute to the tremendous work of students and recognise the people who helped them excel - parents, friends and members of their communities, as well as the principals, teachers and curriculum staff who have worked to ensure Northern Territory students achieve their best results.
- 2012 Award winners (pdf 23.6 KB | docx 32.4 KB)
- 2012 Academic Excellence Award winners (pdf 25.6 KB | docx 35.1 KB)
- 2011 Award winners (pdf 25 kb | rtf 100 kb)
- 2011 Academic Excellence Award winners (pdf 43 kb | rtf 307 kb)
- 2010 Award winners (pdf 26 kb)
- 2010 Academic Excellence Award winners (pdf 13 kb)
- 2009 Award winners (pdf 77 kb)
- 2008 Award winners (pdf 18 kb)
- 2007 Award winners (pdf 39 kb)
- 2006 Award winners (pdf 105 kb)
- 2005 Award winners (pdf 32 kb)
Academic Excellence Awards
The Northern Territory Board of Studies offers Academic Excellence awards to students in their final years of primary, middle and senior schooling. The Academic Excellence awards do not form part of the award ceremonies. They are presented to winning students at their end of year school functions. The principal/head teacher and school council determine the criteria for selecting the winners.
The Academic Excellence award consists of a Certificate of Merit and $50 award money.
The prestigious Administrator’s Medal is awarded to recognise scholastic achievement at the senior middle (Year 9) and senior primary (Year 6) school levels. Medals are awarded to one student from Year 6 and one student from Year 9, selected from across all sectors in the Northern Territory, government and non-government. A panel selects the two winners.
The criteria for this medal are:
- Academic achievement
- Outstanding behaviour
- Outstanding citizenship and concern for others.
Northern Territory Board of Studies/GTNT School-Based Apprentice/Trainee of the Year Award
The School-Based Apprentice/Trainee of the Year award is for senior secondary students who are due to complete a Certificate II or partially completed a certificate III qualification and are due to complete their Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training by December the year of the award.
This award is sponsored by GTNT and consists of a Certificate and cheque for $1000.
Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) Awards
The VETiS awards are for:
- students who commenced year 11 in the year of the award and are undertaking or have completed a VETiS program as part of their Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (NTCET) in the year of the award
- students who commenced year 12 in the year of the award and have completed a VETiS program and their NTCET or anticipate completing their NTCET in the year of the award.
There are two awards – one for best overall year 11 student and one for best overall year 12 student.
The VETiS award consists of a certificate and a cheque for $400.
NT Board of Studies
1st Floor, Harbour View Plaza
Corner Tiger Brennan Drive and McMinn Street
Darwin NT 0800
GPO Box 4821
Darwin NT 0801
t: (08) 8944 9204
f: (08) 8999 4363