More Indigenous Teachers
The More Indigenous Teachers Initiative (MITI) aims to increase the number of Indigenous teachers in Territory schools through a range of supporting scholarships established in the Department of Education and Children's Services (DECS). We currently support over 40 Indigenous students through these scholarships as they complete a teaching qualification.
Indigenous Student Teacher Scholarships are not being offered in 2013/14; however students on current scholarships will continue until completion.
For further information on study pathways and alternative scholarship options please access the following links:
- Indigenous Scholarships Website
- Teaching courses at Charles Darwin University
- Enrol in a course at CDU through SATAC
- Charles Darwin University scholarships
- Teaching courses at Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education (BIITE)
- How to enrol in a course through BIITE
- Access ACIKE study options through BIITE
- Australian Centre for Indigenous Knowledges and Education (ACIKE)
More Indigenous Teachers Initiative
Department of Education and Children's Services
t: (08) 8999 3523