Status reports - October 2010
Scope of work
The project involves the construction of a Pre School, Primary School, Middle School, and associated works in the Palmerston Suburb of Rosebery. Contract methodology for this project is Design and Construct, which requires the Contractor to undertake the final development of the design, document, and construction of these facilities.
Total project cost
$59,895,000 (GST Inc)
AG funding $3.927m excl.
A contract was awarded to Halikos Pty Ltd.
Work commenced 9 March 2009 and is expected to be completed progressively in November and December 2010.
- Overall project is now 97% complete.
- Design works remain at 99% complete.
- The site has received approximately 324mm of rain this month.
- Sports flooring to the gymnasium is now complete.
- Planting of lawn has been completed to sports oval.
- Guard/hand rails being fitted to ramps/retaining wall.
- Bike racks have been fitted to bike shed enclosures.
- New asphalt has been laid to the spine road and line marking to be completed.
- Carpet and vinyl laying to rooms to commence this week.
- Extra control measures have been taken to minimise erosion to drains due to heavy rains.
- Ceiling tiles completed with wall coverings being fitted to rooms.
- Irrigation installation to sports fields nearing completion.
- Caretakers slab completed.