VET in Schools
The Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) Program gives students the opportunity to try a profession while still at school. The student takes part in VET studies at school that can contribute towards achieving their Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (NTCET).
By participating in this program students learn about the skills and requirements of a particular job at school or through a local registered training provider, and can complete a number of work placements during the year.
VETiS funding application 2013
VETiS funding for 2013 is now open:
- Information for VETiS funding (pdf 40 kb | word 42 kb)
- School justification form (pdf 69 kb | word 23 kb)
- Recommended business rules (pdf 56 kb | word 25 kb)
Information for RTOs
VETiS funding and handbook 2013
- 2012 funded VETiS allocations (excel 5.6 mb) - this spreadsheet list the programs approved for funding in 2012. Information is correct as at January 2012 and is subject to change
- 2013 VETiS handbook (pdf 1.17 mb) - provides an overview of government funded-programs and contains a list of units of competencies for each qualification and information on grouping and Northern Territory nominal hours.
- School/college data collection template (excel 33 kb)
- VETiS policy (pdf 37 kb | word 42 kb)
- Procedures for VETiS coordination (pdf 72 kb | word 48 kb)
- Procedures for VETiS Structured Work Placement (SWP) (pdf 66.4 KB | word 44.6 KB)
- Guidelines for VETiS SWP insurance (pdf 41 kb | word 47 kb)
- Flowchart for VETiS recording (pdf 46 kb | word 167 kb)
- Expression of interest (word 57.0 KB) – must be completed and returned to school VET coordinator.
Please direct queries to the DET VET in Schools.