Smarter Schools National Partnerships
|These videos showcase
some of the reforms being
implemented across schools,
regions and sectors under
SSNP newsletters - latest edition (26 July)
The July edition is now available.
About the SSNP
Through the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) all States and Territories, alongside the Australian Government have agreed to work together to deliver reforms that will contribute to improving educational outcomes, particularly for those students in most need. The funding will be used to support achievement of the following outcomes in the National Education Agreement:
- all children are engaged in, and benefiting from, schooling
- young people are meeting basic literacy and numeracy standards, and overall levels of literacy and numeracy achievement are improving
- Australian students excel by international standards
- schooling promotes social inclusion and reduces the educational disadvantage of children, especially Indigenous children
- young people make a successful transition from school to work and further study.
In the Territory, with the inclusion of the Closing the Gap National Partnership, funding will also contribute to the achievement of the following outcomes in the National Indigenous Reform Agreement:
- halve the gap for Indigenous students in Year 12 attainment or equivalent rates by 2020
- halve the gap in reading, writing and numeracy achievement for Indigenous children within a decade.
Four National Partnership Agreements make up the Smarter Schools National Partnerships in the Territory
- Low Socio-Economic Status School Communities
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Improving Teacher Quality
- Closing the Gap
130 Territory schools will participate in the combined Smarter Schools Reforms. List of participating schools