Young Indigenous Leadership Program (IMPACT)
The IMPACT program aims to build a community of young Indigenous students across the Northern Territory, and help foster their skills in leadership, contribution to community and future pathways. These young people know their strengths and passions and confidently explore future possibilities with the support of a broad network of local and national individuals and organisations.
Students engage in the program for three years (from Year 10 to completion of Year 12 or equivalent) and participate in a range of activities including leadership workshops, residential programs and activities to challenge and inspire them. IMPACT encourages the development of confident, self-aware and resilient young people who contribute in positive ways to their communities
IMPACT has a cohort of young leaders participating in the program from Darwin and surrounds, Katherine and Alice Springs. As a group they share their experiences and challenges throughout the years and provide a support network for each other.
Objectives of the IMPACT program are:
- Create a program community within the group so that all members feel supported and challenged;
- Help motivate participants to complete Year 12 or equivalent;
- Foster skills and capabilities around leadership and community contribution;
- Help connect young people to existing and future opportunities within their communities;
- Communicate the success and opportunities of program participants to broader communities
IMPACT is run by The Foundation for Young Australians.