- Teachers and educators
- AEDC in the NT
- Quality Education and Care NT
- NT Board of Studies
- Assessment and reporting
- School management
- Early childhood
- Literacy and numeracy
- Supporting students and learning
- Training and beyond school
- Professional learning
- International services
NAPLAN past tests
Past tests can be used by teachers to review units of work studied in class and familiarise students with the test language, layout and structure.
Teachers can access past NAPLAN test papers and magazines on Learning Links and use to:
- familiarise students with question type and test layout
- prepare and rehearse testing time allocation with students
- determine strengths and weaknesses in students knowledge
- review of units of work being studied.
Online practice tests are available at www.smeebu.com. The free practice tests contain Numeracy and Language Conventions questions which are suitable for Year 3 and 5 students. The tests can be taken individually, or can be used in class with an interactive whiteboard.
Score sheets for each type of test will help teachers to diagnose the strengths and weaknesses of their students.
Rather than looking at the total score, focus on the questions where the class or groups of students had difficulty. Discuss the language and concepts of these questions.
The following score sheets can be customised to suit your needs.
Language Conventions Years 3-5 (excel 55 kb)
Language Conventions Years 7-9 (excel 65 kb)
Reading Years 3-5 (excel 54 kb)
Reading Years 7-9 (excel 57 kb)
Numeracy Years 3-5 (excel 70 kb)
Numeracy Years 7-9 (excel 92 kb)
- 2009 practice tests
- 2008 practice tests
- 2007 MAP practice tests
- 2006 MAP practice tests
- 2004/2005 MAP practice tests : Numeracy | Reading | Spelling | Writing